Associate Manager, New Verticals - Logistics Strategy & Operations
About the Team
We're looking for an Associate Manager to join our New Verticals Strategy & Operations team to build and shape the future of DoorDash with our New Verticals Logistics team.
The New Verticals Logistics team’s goal is to drive cost and efficiency savings, as well as quality improvements through New Verticals (specifically the Convenience, Grocery, Alcohol & Retail verticals across the US, Canada and Australia) to empower operational leverage and growth. Together, we're building the world's most efficient and reliable same-day logistics platform to fulfill our vision of empowering all local businesses.
The projects we work on are diverse and have the potential to impact each side of our marketplace - from Dashers, to Consumers, to Merchants. Some examples of projects include:
- Optimizing how we batch orders together to drive more affordable offerings for Consumers, improve Dasher overall earnings, and reduce our in-store footprint for Mx,
- Building more Consumer choice into the ordering experience by offering Cx new ways to receive their New Verticals order,
- Increasing the Merchant selection available to Consumers by efficiently expanding the radius that Consumers can order from (i.e., sustainably enabling longer distance deliveries with high quality),
- Rethinking how New Verticals orders should be fulfilled at each step of a delivery’s journey
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Associate Managers are responsible for diving into some of our toughest operational problems to root cause them, run experiments to drive improvements, and work closely with Product and Engineering to shape and build our north star solutions. This individual will work closely with many cross-functional teams to hit goals and solve ambiguous business problems.
- Our best Associate Managers are truth seekers who enjoy solving difficult problems, working across the organization and getting 1% better everyday. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and work cross functionally to find customer-first solutions.
- In a typical day, you may complete a variety of tasks such as devising and executing experiments to drive business critical metric improvement, diving deep into data using SQL skills to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, and building reports and tools that allow teams to scale their work. You will work on cross-functional initiatives coordinating across product, engineering, data science, finance, and more to bring projects from 0-1 and 1-100. You are a generalist that is willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. You will report to a Manager on our Catalog, Fulfillment & Logistics team in the Strategy & Operations organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Experiment. You’ll transform strategies into operational experiments that create measurable and actionable outcomes.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate quickly based on data.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including marketing, finance, legal, support, design, product, data science, engineering, and operations to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We're excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You work well cross-functionally – You have experience managing multiple different stakeholders and business partners, and are able to exert influence across organizations to achieve business outcomes
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are analytical – You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel.
- You are relentless and hungry to learn – You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 4-6+ years of experience - preferably in strategy & operations, consulting, investment banking, tech, etc.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.