Sr. Sourcing Specialist, Technology
About the Role
As a member of the Sourcing and Procurement team at DoorDash, this role provides a great opportunity to learn, grow and be challenged.
Attributes that will help you succeed include strong negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills. If you have a passion for the personal gratification that comes from a career with a high-growth, high-impact company like DoorDash, we want to talk to you. We're looking for someone with 2+ years of relevant experience, eager to learn new business and a take-charge personality having the ability to independently get work done.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate an understanding of business requirements and category strategy/ownership
- Collaborate with eng, finance, sourcing, security, legal and other cross functional stakeholders
- Manage new and existing supply base through sourcing, contracting, renewal cycles etc
- Demonstrate an understanding of hardware and software sourcing and budget impacts
- Execute category sourcing strategies, including:
- Develop and execute RFI's and RFP's
- Document bid events
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop selection criteria and drive supplier selection
- Conduct supplier negotiations
- Gain alignment from stakeholders
- Lead or follow cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams
- Implement appropriate supplier risk analysis
- Determine KPI measurements for hardware and cloud adoption, usage and sentiment, and deliver reporting to stakeholders across the organization.
- Monitor hardware and hardware accessories across the organization for optimal cost-effectiveness, including the elimination of application or department redundancy.
- Manage hardware life cycles including the creation of a refresh /renewal calendar; build a documented, collaborative evaluation and certification process; and develop action plans for upcoming refresh / renewal dates.
- Use influence to coach teams to independently evaluate with best practices and adopt a value-driven mindset when sourcing and procuring new hardware and accessories.
- Optimize purchasing agreements
- Develop an overall cost reduction plan, managing category performance versus corporate savings goals and financial models
- Implement supplier management programs including metrics, performance goals, and improvement initiatives:
- Maintain supplier score cards to measure performance against agreed-upon key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Benchmark, track, and analyze annual performance metrics and sourcing trends against commitments on a quarterly basis
- Report results to Sourcing team management and members of senior management
- Serve as internal point of contact for supplier management and complaint resolution
- Actively seek ways to streamline business processes, finding growth or change opportunities within the supply base
- Research and share industry category trends and best practices
What We’re Looking For
For success in this role you'll bring:
- 2+ years of experience in contract development of hardware and hardware related accessories, IT and Security hardware, IoT hardware, autonomy hardware.
- 2+ years of experience working with ODM, OEM, Managed Service Providers and Value Added Resellers (VAR)
- 1+ years of experience working with Software vendors
- 2+ years experience in supplier management and negotiations
- 2+ years experience developing and executing strategies
- Experience collaborating with resources
- Direct to OEM experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience managing projects and working with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions from large amounts of data
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate-level skill in Google Suite, Conga/Salesforce, Coupa, inventory management tools and the ability to learn and leverage various tools and systems
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Related Field or Business-plus-experience in category management; or 2+ years in a sourcing or supply chain management role with specific category experience.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.