Senior Business Analyst Forecasting
About the Role
We are offering a Senior Business Analyst position in our Forecasting team. As part of DoorDash's expansion, you will play a pivotal role in helping our Global Support and Integrity Operations (GSIO) team to scale. You'll need to drive operational efficiency and come up with cost-saving solutions.
To be successful in this role, you should have demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and executing SQL. You should also have a talent for improving business processes. You'll be responsible for bridging data and business requirements, asking insightful questions and mining the answers.
Your role will require you to be a strategic thinker who can align Operations, Finance, Marketing, Machine Learning, and Workforce Management. The success of your initiatives will be measured by their impact on vital metrics and how well you can unite cross-functional teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Take the lead in managing the demand planning process for designated business lines.
- Foster collaboration, streamline business processes, and capture stakeholder needs (Audience team, Finance, Machine Learning, and Workforce Management).
- Proactively pinpoint opportunities for business improvement, system optimization, and automation while implementing data-driven process enhancements to optimize existing workflows.
- Streamline and scale the existing planning process efficiently to cater to the distinct needs of each business line, ensuring alignment with growth and scalability objectives.
We’re excited about you because…
- Possess over 6 years of proven expertise in high-performance environments spanning tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, with a mastery of SQL and Excel.
- Profound familiarity with reporting tools such as Sigma and Tableau, as well as a deep understanding of the data ecosystem, including Snowflake.
- Exhibit unwavering ownership across every workstream while ruthlessly prioritizing what will actually move the needle Strong verbal and written communication skills; you know how to work with individual contributors and senior leaders
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.