Engineering Manager, Ads Data Engineering
About the Team
DoorDash Ads team is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Ads Data products team in New York. Ads Data products focuses on building data and insights products for all the ads use cases at DoorDash. This team helps provide data and insights to the Doordash Advertisers, as well as Doordash Engineering, Analytics and Operations requests to grow the Ads business.
About the Role
As the manager responsible for the Ads Data products , you will be driving the technical strategy, vision and execution of the teams and also lead the evolution of the system to be a world-class big data platform with top notch reliability, scalability, usability, and data quality.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead multiple teams and line managers, with a focus on building the best in-class systems, data pipelines, tooling and data insights
- Build data products on real-time streams and organize large volume of fast moving data to provide insights to various stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for the team and deliver immense impact.
- Be an owner of strategy and direction of Ads Data to enable decision making for Doordash Advertisers, and other stakeholders.
- Drive OKRs to Improve data quality, SLA and freshness of Ads data, insights and analytics
- Scale the team by adding senior talents and leads, both from growing internal talents and attracting top talents
- Lead teams to Design, develop and implement large scale, high volume, high performance data models and pipelines for Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Work with talented engineers and cutting edge latest technologies
We’re excited about you because…
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years of management experience
- Strong hands-on experience with working with non-technical stakeholders, cross-team collaboration, and building scalable products in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work with product and business partners to collect non-technical requirements to design and build scalable experience solutions.
- Ability to guide and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.