Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Platform
About the Team
DoorDash is seeking an exceptional Engineering Manager to lead a dynamic team of engineers responsible for developing and operationalizing scalable, reliable, and efficient MLOps infrastructure in the area of large-scale feature engineering and distributed model training, with the aim at accelerating machine learning development.
About the Role
As the Engineering Manager, you will assume leadership of a versatile engineering team responsible for two key pillars of the ML platform: feature engineering and model training. Your responsibility extends beyond technical prowess as you will engage in close collaboration with key stakeholders and leadership teams in development, strategy, roadmap, design and development. Your leadership will steer a dynamic, customer-obsessed team, swiftly crafting an end-to-end infrastructure as a product. This team will lead the way in building out GenAI & LLMs infrastructure for fine-tuning LLMs and prompt engineering.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead and drive the development and implementation of multiple large scale MLOps infrastructure pillars across feature engineering, model training and LLMs development and toolings
- Effectively lead a diverse engineering team with a large scope across multiple areas, and navigate the complexities of operating at scale
- Directly collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and execute a strategic roadmap, delivering substantial impact through product development and engineering excellence
- Recruit and nurture top engineering talent, promoting continuous learning, a culture of product-driven development, and upholding high engineering standards
We’re excited about you because…
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Strong hands-on experience with working with non-technical stakeholders, cross-team collaboration, and building scalable products in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work with product and business partners to collect non-technical requirements to design and build scalable experience solutions.
- Ability to guide and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- You grow here faster than other places because we move and grow fast. You practice muscles like leading through chaos, ruthless prioritization, crisis management.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.