Senior Manager, Ads
About the Team
Our Ads team operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, surfacing and monetizing relevant content that benefits our core Advertiser and Consumer audiences.
About the Role
We have 2 open Senior Manager roles within the Ads organization - New Ventures and In-Store.
As a Senior Manager, you will oversee the team that is responsible for conceptualizing, scoping, testing, and scaling our next ‘big bets’ for our Ads business. The work falls into three phases: identify; test; and scale. 1/ Identify: identify areas of opportunity, size market potential, write business plans, and make recommendations of where we should be competing. 2/ Test: recruit pilot partners, strike external partnerships, build MVPs, and set and operationalize GTM strategy. 3/ Scale: make ‘go/no-go’ decisions on pilots, influence strategic build/buy/partner decisions, and assess if and how we scale them into our next big business offerings.
You will report to the Senior Director of Ads Platform & Growth Services, and lead cross-functional collaboration across DoorDash’s operations, sales, marketing, product, design, research, engineering and analytics teams to deliver on our boldest opportunities in the Ads space.
We are focused on helping our Merchant partners grow sales across all their channels. From first-party surfaces like in-store and online to the DoorDash Marketplace -- we have the data, marketing tools, and customer channels to help Merchants reach their growth goals. Our team ideates new products and then drives the end-to-end process of Merchant adoption.
You will report to the Director of Omni Channel on our Ads team, and you will lead a team in launching two of our newest Merchant growth bets in 2024. We’re looking for someone who is laser focused on solving customer problems, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and knows how to roll up their sleeves to test and launch MVPs. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build – Conceptualize, build, experiment, and launch new bets at DoorDash. Drive the implementation of new services and processes.
- Operate: You want to roll up your sleeves, drive pilots, get to the lowest level of detail, and scale. Navigate in an ambiguous environment and bring structure to undefined opportunities. There won’t be playbooks or templates, instead you will create them.
- Strategize – Understand the needs of our partners, prioritize those needs by impact, and create solutions with cross-functional partners. Shape the business unit strategy, influence product vision, and develop GTM strategy
- Analyze - Build models to evaluate product success and set new goals. Leverage data whenever possible to inform your hypothesis and convince cross functional partners.
- Influence – Build consensus among cross-functional partners, such as Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Analytics teams as we grow ventures from idea to reality
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of experience in strategy & operations / product management / product marketing / go-to-market / management consulting.
- You have deep understanding and expertise in the advertising & ad-tech ecosystem.
- You have a proven track record leading 0→1 projects, independently identifying, scoping, and proving performance for high potential concepts.
- You don’t need a playbook. You dive into difficult problems, come up with a first principles-inspired plan, and are energized by working cross-functionally to drive these plans forward.
- You’re a logical & data-driven problem solver who can leverage Excel/Google Sheets to derive answers (SQL experience is a plus).
- You have a strong growth mindset.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.