Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations - DoorDash for Work
About the Team
The DoorDash for Work team’s vision is to build the leading platform to power meal solutions for companies of all sizes. In a new era of hybrid work models and permanently distributed teams, DoorDash for Work is uniquely positioned to deliver solutions for the modern workforce.
About the Role
As a Senior Associate on DoorDash for Work’s Strategy & Operations team, you will be critical in building and scaling the business. Your key focus areas will include defining and executing strategic initiatives to grow our customer base, shaping the ideal corporate admin journey, and activation playbook for the first 30, 60, and 90 days of new customer journeys. You will set and maintain new customer activation and growth goals and partner with product/eng and marketing to support new product go-to-markets.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations in the DoorDash for Work organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Identify opportunities to accelerate customer acquisition
- Set up and execute go-to-market tests that improve key funnel metrics
- Test hypotheses, gather user insights, and run experiments to drive effective outcomes
- Conduct ongoing user research to contextualize data and develop a deeper understanding of customer pain points
- Analyze large datasets to identify patterns, validate hypotheses, report on test results, and deliver actionable insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product, and operations, on various tests and go-to-market initiatives
- Work autonomously to identify growth opportunities and craft/execute strategic initiatives while gaining buy-in from various stakeholders and leadership
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of experience and have succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, consulting, strategy, or a related experience)
- You can own a project end-to-end and build a story around the “so what” of results
- You’re adept at getting into the weeds and operating at the lowest level of detail but also can think through the longer-term strategy and growth areas for your business
- You love talking to customers and have strong instincts around their pain points & preferences
- You aren’t afraid of failure and have demonstrated success in the face of roadblocks
- You’re analytical and comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel
- You’re a strong verbal and written communicator. You’re able to align cross-functional partners to the goals of your initiatives and impact the business
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning are exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous startup environments
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bonus: Proficiency with SQL, Iterable, and Pendo
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.