Merchant Services, Inbound Support Team Lead
About the Team
The Local Activations Inbound Support Phone Team provides live phone support to assist Merchants with their onboarding experience. We ensure all DoorDash Merchants are correctly onboarded and assist throughout the activation process. Once they are live on DoorDash, we provide self-service resources and guidance to provide a positive Merchant experience.
About the Role
As a Merchant Services Team Lead, you will report to our Merchant Services Supervisor. The team lead operates as an expert level individual contributor, while assisting the Supervisor and Manager by demonstrating best practices in case and queue management, problem resolution, metrics monitoring, and leading other individual contributors through mentoring and offering daily functional support.
You will report to the Merchant Services Supervisor on our Inbound Activations team in our Merchant Services organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide mentorship to their team members to help enhance their overall performance on all metrics.
- Demonstrate creativity, and engagement in taking actions to promote a positive work environment.
- Be a student of the business: look for ways to evolve and learn about the business.
- Create a positive impact on customer experience by motivating the team to provide customer service and making doing business with us easy for Merchants.
- Identify ways to enhance and implement projects to boost productivity and quality
- Respond and address escalations complaints from customers and employees.
We're excited about you because…
- You enjoy diagnosing issues and developing creative approaches to solve challenges
- You are customer-centric and are effective at working with people with varying degrees of technical ability
- You succeed in an environment where you are constantly learning new skills and can apply them to your daily work
- You enjoy working with google sheets or excel to perform data analysis
- You work well in both independent and diverse team environments
- 1+ years experience within an office environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.