Senior Kitchen Operations Manager
About the Team
DoorDash is building innovative kitchen formats that cater to the on-demand economy. These kitchens are tailored to off-premise (delivery, catering, pick-up, etc) with a minimum storefront. DoorDash Kitchens enable Merchants to expand their geographic footprint and give customers instant access to exciting new restaurants that were previously too far away.
About the Role
You will manage the DoorDash Kitchens site [a single unit site lead] - leading a culinary team cooking multiple culinary concepts, and taking P&L responsibility for your site. You will be part of a startup team within DoorDash that is building the kitchen/licensing business from zero to one and have an opportunity to grow with the team. You will manage, build and develop a team (FOH/BOH) by running a site as the lead. You will own the site operation from end to end, serving as a critical driver for all things operational.
Operations / Reporting
Your role is to successfully launch, build, and operate a “delivery-first” food hall that we’re launching in the Bay Area. In this site, we will host an array of food concepts that are delicious, affordable, and of an excellent quality, served through both delivery and on-premise. You will be responsible for establishing processes and teams to power this operation and manage reporting with the broader Kitchens team.
You will be hiring, building, and elevating the kitchen team on a single site that runs 10+ different cuisine concepts. With a culinary manager on your team, you will hire the best culinary / administrative talents, train them, and build an operation that powers 100% uptime, a great quality of food, and an efficient staffing model. You will foster a culture of customer obsession, growth, and a world-class execution to provide delightful food selection for our customers.
Problem Solving / Operate in Ambiguity
You are comfortable at learning about new problems and tackling them with the team in order to make decisions- even if it isn’t the full picture. You can cope with ambiguity and risks and are willing to adapt to and lead through change.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
- Want to participate in the tech ecosystem / be part of the next frontier of the F&B industry with DoorDash.
- Love to take ownership, run a large surface area, and solve ambiguous problems.
- Like to build new processes, test, and see a plan in action.
- Are passionate about hiring / developing high performing teams.
- Are detail-oriented and excited to build processes to instill organization.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a builder. You’re hungry to build the operations from ground-up, scale, and grow with the business.
- You have 5+ years leading operations in a high volume food service environment including fast-casual, QSR, and from-scratch restaurants - preferably with multi-unit leadership experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience supervising others in a senior leadership role.
- You have a proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills.
- You have experience managing results including food cost and labor cost goals (even more exciting if you’ve had P&L responsibility before).
- Bilingual (Spanish) abilities are a strong plus.
Strong plus one if..
- You have an experience of building from zero-to-one and demonstrating strong ownership.
- You are a strong communicator, responsive, proficient with documentation (doc/spreadsheet).
- You have a Hospitality Management (or related field) degree.
- You are tech-savvy and are comfortable communicating with metrics / numbers.
- You genuinely love to be part of the delivery/tech-enabled food ecosystem.
- You embody One team, One fight. You bring a collaborative culture amongst the teams.
- You have a ServeSafe Managers License and have meticulous cleanliness standards.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.