Associate Manager, Merchant Quality Strategy & Operations
About the Team
The Merchant Quality Strategy & Operations team focuses on ensuring that every customer has a perfect delivery experience. We do this by partnering 1:1 with top US restaurant brands and local heroes as well as working closely with dashers to understand where there is opportunity for improvement, and then work through the entire product lifecycle with our Product and Analytics partners to identify and build new solutions to improve quality before driving adoption of those products with Merchants. This in turn allows Merchants to grow their business and operate more profitably on the platform.
About the Role
We’re looking for a motivated Associate Manager to dive into strategy and execution to improve one of our core quality metrics. You’ll get to the lowest level of detail by visiting Merchants, talking to Dashers, and reviewing our internal data and ultimately use that information to develop hypotheses for new ways to improve operations. You’ll test these hypotheses in-market through hacky experiments, see what sticks, and scale top bets throughout the platform. This is a unique opportunity to be at the nexus of Logistics, Merchant Operations, Product, and Strategy. You will report into the Senior Manager on our Merchant Quality Strategy & Operations team in our US Restaurants organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use data-driven decision-making to run and scale experiments on everything from implementing pick-up racks at Merchants to developing new incentive models for Merchants and their staff
- Work with a cross-functional team including Merchant Account Managers, B2B Marketing, Analytics, Product and more to bring your projects to life
- Operate at the lowest level of detail to understand the impact of your decisions and iterate given insights from data
- Engage and cultivate relationships with Merchants to understand their needs and identify strategic bets that can create step-change improvements for them
We’re excited about you because…
- You want to affect change every day and can operate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- You love thinking about problems from a first principles approach, and are excited to take action, dig into the details, and try new things in order to create future solutions
- You have experience working on analytical projects (proficiency in SQL is a plus) and are eager to get to the lowest level of detail to pull out valuable insights
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You thrive working in a cross-functional environment, and have had success leading projects across teams
- You have completed your Bachelor’s degree and have 4+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, or related experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.