Associate Manager, New Verticals - Catalog Strategy & Operations
About the Team
New Verticals is an exciting team at DoorDash that is building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. New Verticals include the DashMart, Convenience, Alcohol, Grocery, and Retail businesses. These categories bring about new challenges and opportunities to build something at DoorDash from the ground up.
About the Role
You will help shape DoorDash's future Catalog strategy in convenience, grocery, alcohol, and retail as we transition the team to become a Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence-first platform. As part of this journey, you will work on some of the most strategic programs to ensure catalog excellence. Your work will be highly visible and impactful - with the entire DoorDash New Verticals catalog in scope, you will impact tens of millions of items on the DoorDash platform and the customer experience in partnership with Machine Learning, Engineering, Product and Data Science teams. You will partner with teams across DoorDash and beyond to build a world-class catalog system that works for all 3 sides of the marketplace (Merchants, Dashers and Customers) and our emerging 4th side (Advertisers). Your work will enable merchants and advertisers to onboard quickly and merchandise effectively, customers to make informed buying decisions with rich merchandising, and Dashers to know exactly what to shop, and where. You will report to a Senior Manager on the New Verticals Catalog, Fulfillment and Logistics team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead. You will lead high visibility projects including overseeing the development of Machine Learning models to ensure they are aligned with our business objectives and ensure the accuracy and relevance of data used in these models.
- Build. You will build a massive high-quality product catalog with perfect information (e.g. - product photography, item descriptions, and other rich metadata), high quality scores and operational checks and controls. This means everything from high-level strategy to operational details.
- Strategize. You will help develop the strategy for groceries/perishables and general retail operations. You will help create quarterly and annual plans that push our business forward and are aligned with our product capabilities. You will help these teams identify opportunities for enhancing our existing product offering and methods to improve delivery quality.
- Collaborate. You will advocate internally for solutions to enhance the user experience. Where a product or operations solution is needed to unlock growth and reduce cost, you will advocate for those resources with your central partners.
- Analyze. You love working with data and using data to drive business decision-making.
- Learn. You will be immersed in our US and International grocery and retail operations. You will learn about our product and in-store operations, product roadmaps, and our current and future capabilities.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to think innovatively, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You’re analytical. You’re comfortable building complex SQL queries across multiple data sources and have experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools.
- You have 4+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performing cultures (tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience), and you’ve led teams to achieve audacious goals.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.