Senior Associate - Merchant Experience
About the Team
As one of DoorDash's core operations teams, Merchant Experience, ensures that when there are bumps in the last mile, there's always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs and operates DoorDash's large and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience as reliably as possible.
About the Role
Our team is looking for an Sr Associate to help our Merchant Experience teams scale to meet DoorDash's expansion while driving a human touch for our drivers, restaurants, and Merchants. You will have demonstrated experience, and effective execution, and be excited to solve one of our most challenging problems
You will report into our Merchant Experience team, within our Support Strategy & Operations organization, while working closely with cross-functional teams. Your key focus area will be the Merchant Support Experience - improving the experience by testing and scaling ops solutions, and troubleshooting day-to-day issues. You will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing Merchant needs - including account pain points, empowering restaurants to self-serve issues, and managing orders seamlessly. You will create and execute go-to-market strategies, test your hypotheses through hacky experiments, and influence cross-functional teams.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to develop a strategic mindset as well as the operational rigor to bring that strategic mindset to life.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner with teams within customer experience, and our product, engineering, and tools teams to improve processes and the resulting customer experience for our customers
- Produce, dig into and use data and insights to identify opportunities to improve speed, quality, effectiveness, and customer experience
- Accomplish your recommendations from start to finish, from digging into Excel/SQL to creating a budget to implementing timelines, aligning partners, testing ideas, achieving and measuring results
- Partner with support and company-level leadership to guide priority projects
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re organized. You thrive in creating structure out of nothing.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You thrive with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a breadth of disciplines and teams.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re persuasive. You are an effective communicator, speaking as if you’re right and listening as if you’re wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 3+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a competitive, or challenging environment.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.