Manager, IT Assets and Logistics - Global
Are you ready to embark on an incredible journey filled with laughter, innovation, and collaboration? Look no further because our team is like no other! We're on the hunt for enthusiastic and talented individuals who can join us in shaping the future of DoorDash.
About the Team
Who are we?
The Global IT Service Desk is the face of IT, onboarding every employee, providing break/fix technical support, building self-service channels, automating routine tasks, and managing our global IT supply chain and logistics.
We move fast and have audacious goals, scaling to meet the demands of an enterprise that has grown more than 3x since 2019 while improving all aspects of our Service Desk operations.
But who are we, really?
Well, we're a group of fearless go-getters who tackle challenges head-on and turn them into opportunities. Our office is a dynamic environment where creativity and fun know no bounds. High-fives and fist bumps are the currency of appreciation around here! We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, creativity, and a shared passion for getting the job done while having a blast along the way.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Manager of IT Assets and Logistics to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the lifecycle management of our organization's technology assets, including hardware, software, and telecom. You will play a vital role in maintaining accurate inventory records, optimizing asset utilization, ensuring compliance with licensing agreements, and maximizing the return on investment for IT assets. This role requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
This is an interdisciplinary role where you’ll own the personnel, the processes, the tools, and the vendors needed to successfully procure, deploy, maintain and recover IT assets for all of DoorDash.
You will report to the head of our Global IT Service Desk.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead and inspire a team of talented individuals, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members, empowering them to achieve their full potential and grow within the organization.
- Develop and implement an effective IT asset management strategy, policies, and procedures to optimize the procurement, deployment, utilization, and retirement of technology assets.
- Establish an accurate inventory of all IT assets, including hardware, software, and licenses, and ensure regular audits are conducted to validate inventory accuracy.
- Monitor and track asset usage, warranties, and maintenance contracts.
- Build robust reporting and conduct thorough analysis to recommend and implement process improvements and allow for data-driven decision making.
- Collaborate with procurement and finance partners to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of IT assets and manage actual spend against forecasted budget.
- Participate in software contract negotiations, and manage vendor relationships to meet the needs of the business.
- Track software license consumption to maintain compliance with licensing agreements and avoid costs from overages and unauthorized usage.
- Implement and maintain an asset tracking solution to track asset locations, configurations, and maintenance history.
- Develop organizational policies and processes to coordinate the disposal, retirement, or reassignment of IT assets in accordance with regulatory requirements, and strict data management practices.
- Conduct regular audits to identify discrepancies, monitor compliance, and drive process improvements.
- Stay updated with industry trends, technologies, and best practices in IT asset management and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance and support to IT teams and end-users regarding asset management processes and procedures.
We’re excited about you because…
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field. Relevant certifications in asset management or IT service management (e.g., ITIL) are a plus.
- You have 8+ years of progressive experience as an IT Asset Manager or similar role, preferably in a large organization, and leading a team of high performing individuals.
- You maintain strong knowledge of IT asset management principles, processes, and best practices.
- You are familiar with asset tracking systems, software license management tools, and IT service management (ITSM) platforms.
- You have excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- You have strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- You hold knowledge of software licensing models and compliance requirements.
- You have an in-depth understanding of IT procurement and financial processes.
- You are very familiar with regulatory compliance standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA)
- You’re flexible and creative, and you’re thrilled by the prospect of experimentation and rapid process evolution.
- You thrive in a fast-moving environment with vast opportunities for high impact.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.