Market Growth Lead
About the Team
As a Market Growth Lead, you will serve as the face of DoorDash, working with the local Strategy & Operations teams to improve the experience for our customers, merchants and dashers. You will be responsible for driving growth and managing operations in key neighborhoods in your city. You become an expert in all things DoorDash in your area, using performance data and your insights from the field to build and execute new processes. You will learn the needs of both merchants and customers, distilling their feedback on how we can improve our business. You will work cross-functionally on special projects aimed at improving our products, ensuring a great experience and local customer satisfaction. You will partner closely with the Florida Strategy & Operations team, Market Growth Leads in other regions to build and execute strategies and processes to grow your area.
About the Role
Market Growth Leads are the heart and soul of DoorDash, operating at the lowest level of detail to help the company grow.
- Help build and execute local strategy - Create and implement operational strategy to win with customers, merchants and dashers
- Curate and implement hyper local field activations
- Support merchants in resolving merchandising and tablet pain points on an adhoc basis
- Build relationships within your community through leveraging local knowledge, company data, and in person field visits
- Support cross-functionally in providing local insights, and gathering crucial data required to launch new verticals and improve existing products
- Work with the regional strategy & operations team to build consensus and execute
- Be the expert on your city - sharing insights from data and your work in the field to improve our business
- Formally report results and findings on a weekly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Track OKRs and market performance in your area
- Achieve growth and profitability goals
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze – Build data analysis, learn to use SQL, and compile first-hand inputs from consumers/restaurants/dashers to understand the city’s strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas across different products.
- Engage – Implement scalable programs and best practices to provide an outstanding operation (i.e. make sure we have Dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them).
- Experiment – Use data to run tests on everything from merchandising, consumer growth and merchant operations. Embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer.
- Collaborate – Explore growth opportunities alongside our partners in Operations, Business Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams to support strategic projects and harness opportunities crucial to the growth of the Florida region
- Grow – Help the business get 1% better every day.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 0-1+ years experience in banking, consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, or related fields
- You are fluent in English and Spanish
- You have analytical experience (SQL highly preferred) and/or experience making charts and graphs
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You are self-motivated and driven, and want to develop a career in strategy & operations
- You are adaptable and highly collaborative
- You excel in client facing conflict resolution tactics
- You have prior experience in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong computer proficiency including good knowledge of Microsoft/GSuite applications
- You have excellent project management and organizational skills, and an ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- You can own outcomes and positively improve our growth metrics
- You want to shape the direction of the company You make data driven decisions
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.