About the Team
DoorDash’s Legal team has built a strong reputation within the company for our highly collaborative and supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We are a diverse group of lawyers with a shared passion for providing creative and best-in-class service to our business partners. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business, and above all else, we value and respect each other as teammates. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional Corporate Paralegal to join our dynamic legal team at a very exciting time for our growing business. You will be a part of the Legal team's Corporate Legal group, and the only paralegal supporting this group. You will partner with teams across DoorDash, including Legal, Finance, Tax, Equity, and Accounting to provide legal guidance and assist with administration of DoorDash’s business operations, corporate structure, and transactions.
The preferred locations for this role are the San Francisco Bay area or Los Angeles area (working from DoorDash’s offices on a hybrid schedule), but candidates elsewhere on the west coast will also be considered.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead on subsidiary formation, management, and compliance for all DoorDash entities
- Provide advice and guidance to the directors and officers of DoorDash subsidiaries
- Support corporate governance processes including general record keeping and organization of materials and minutes for Board of Director and Committee meetings, and maintaining corporate minute books
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams across the company
- Support the preparation and filing of SEC documents such as 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and annual proxy statement
- Assist the legal team and our partners with requests for information and documentation
- Have an opportunity to help implement best practices at a growing company that went public in 2020
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. No job is too big or too small!
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment
- You have common sense and a good sense of humor
- You have 4-6+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal at a top law firm or in-house legal department
- You have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.