Privacy Program Manager
About the Team
Our mission at DoorDash is to grow and empower local economies by building trust. We aim to offer transparency, insight, and meaningful control over personal information to our multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants and drivers. Our privacy team has built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to partnering with teams, proactively embedding privacy into our products and always exhibiting a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
About the Role
The Privacy Program Manager will focus on marketing and data governance related privacy initiatives where you’ll have an opportunity to lead key company-wide privacy and compliance workstreams. You will partner closely with our Product, Engineering, Marketing, Data and Business teams to build a best-in-class privacy program. This will be a highly visible and impactful role where you will be challenged with developing technical privacy controls at scale and validating adherence to applicable privacy regulations and frameworks.
We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic along with excellent analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be someone who is creative and thinks outside the box, is a self-starter with strong project management skills, and operates at the lowest level of detail.
You will report into the Head of Technical Privacy and Governance on our global Privacy team in our Legal organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop roadmaps and draft technical requirements for organization-wide Data Governance initiatives such as data mapping, retention, minimization and data subject rights enablement to ensure compliance with privacy regulations, frameworks and other policy requirements.
- Project manage and execute on the implementation of enterprise-wide cross-functional privacy and compliance initiatives.
- Identify technical dependencies and align with stakeholders on remedial actions.
- Define and maintain data flows for the Ads and marketing use cases.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Privacy Legal and Ads/Marketing Tech teams to develop holistic solutions and processes that ensure privacy by design.
- Implement sufficient oversight and governance to ensure effective operation of privacy programs within Marketing and Data organizations
- Develop metrics to measure success of privacy initiatives and manage reporting these metrics to leadership.
We’re excited about you because you bring…
- A strong understanding of data governance best practices and marketing technologies.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging global privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, MHMD Act, US state privacy laws)
- Experience identifying and mitigating privacy risk, leveraging technical solutions and processes.
- Experience with managing large scale, enterprise level data privacy and/or compliance initiatives in fast paced environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- 6+ years’ experience in privacy, security, technical project management or related technical disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Privacy Engineering, Data Analytics, Marketing or related fields.
- CIPT, CIPM, CIPP, CDPSE or similar certification is preferred but not required.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.