Conversion Rate Optimization Manager, Drive Strategy & Operations
About the Team
We are looking for a hands-on builder to help us scale and build DoorDash Drive’s Conversion Rate Optimization offering. Aligned with DoorDash’s mission to empower local economies by enabling local businesses, our Growth team’s objective is to build products, solutions and services that’ll help our Merchants better reach and serve their customers.
By joining the Growth team, you will have the opportunity to work on initiatives that deliver platform-wide, vertical agnostic impacts by identifying, testing and then implementing and scaling products, services and solutions. This is a team that will build from 0 to 1, and then beyond.
About the Role
As part of our Growth team within Strategy & Operations, DoorDash is looking for a Conversion Rate Optimization Manager to help lead consultations with our merchant partners.
You will have the opportunity to become an expert on growing online ordering transaction volume directly through enterprise restaurants' own websites and apps. You will be auditing their sites and apps for optimization opportunities, consulting with them on how to leverage a/b testing tools, and fully running experiments on their behalf through tools like Optimizely.
You will work directly with frontend web developers and play a hands-on role in seeing experiments through from ideation to launch. You will report to the Manager, Drive S&O - Growth.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Operate with an analytical & data-driven approach — You love to dive into the numbers and find unique insights that can inform business strategy. You’re able to quickly identify and manage tradeoffs between short and long term growth.
- Lead with a merchant-first approach — You’ll be the expert on CRO for some of DoorDash’s most important merchants, creating a high degree of visibility and responsibility
- Grow the offering — You will be directly responsible for building and growing a business, including developing tailored growth strategies and leveraging DoorDash learnings, technology, talent and resources
- Execute with excellence — implement the tracking, experiments, customizations and outcome reporting. You'll work with merchants to help scale something completely new from the ground up.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are seasoned - You have 6+ years of experience in conversion rate optimization or growth experimentation with consumer facing ecommerce or SaaS businesses
- You are knowledgeable — You have deep experience in conversion rate optimization and growth experimentation and are familiar with the associated process, as you have run many experiments in your career. You are able to leverage common CRO tools like Optimizely, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager.
- You are a self-starter – You have an incredible bias towards action and excel in fast-paced and evolving businesses. You enjoy fully executing projects from end-to-end, forming a hypothesis, hacking together an experiment and taking quick actions that advance the business as measured by KPIs.
- You are technically proficient —You have worked with a variety of common content management systems, are familiar with web application architecture and common enterprise approaches to web development
- You are self-sufficient - You are able to wear many hats, including merchant-facing consulting lead, data analyst, UX/ design evaluator and QA.
- You are a clear communicator - You are confident in your growth capabilities and can speak knowledgeably with growth leads from our largest merchant partners.
- You are gritty – You enjoy ambiguity and are willing roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.