Manager, Accounts Payable - Direct Purchasing
About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a highly motivated AP Manager who is eager to learn and scale with us.
About the Role
You will report to the Inventory Controller on our Accounting team and will be responsible for managing all aspects of Accounts Payable for direct goods, including managing the direct purchasing AP team (contractors), researching variances, root causing 3-way match process issues, and identifying process improvement opportunities to support our high growth organization. You will also be a leader in cross-functional interactions with Accounting, Supply Chain Operations and direct Sourcing teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Generate standard and ad-hoc accounts payable data analysis and reports
- Lead monthly accounts payable close processes including research, review and reconciliation of subledger, unentered invoice, unapproved invoices, and providing supporting documentation to accountants and supply chain teams as needed
- Enhance accounts payable processes and 3-way match procurement procedures to maximize efficiency
- Resolve vendor issues by communicating directly with vendors and internal personnel
- Contribute to the implementation of best practices and associated training materials for a continuously changing direct goods P2P processes
- Assist with management of service desk for the direct purchasing Accounts Payable team for internal and external partners
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years of experience in Accounting, preferably in Accounts Payable
- 2+ years of management experience
- NetSuite experience highly desired
- Expertise of 3-way match direct goods P2P process
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong spreadsheet skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.