Accounting Manager, Fixed Assets
About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for an Accounting Manager, Fixed Assets, to strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations functions while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, SOX controls, and external audits, related to fixed assets
- Ownership of NetSuite fixed assets module including but not limited to processing additions and disposals, running amortization, review of invoices to ensure proper coding and capitalization under policy
- Prepare journal entries, accounts analyses, account reconciliations and tie-outs to underlying detail, and reporting for month-end and quarter-end closes
- Review and tracking of project costs into fixed asset accounts with proper accounting treatment
- Prepare quarterly and annual schedules for the external auditors, including walkthroughs and resolving inquiries
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline fixed asset and lease accounting and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Various ad hoc accounting projects as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- 6+ years of accounting experience, with required experience in relevant industry public company; preferably 2-3 years of fixed assets
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Advanced Excel skills required; Google Workspace experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
- Experience with NetSuite or comparable ERP system preferred
- Strong English language proficiency required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Something looks off?