Remote Assistance Operator Specialist
About the Team
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, then we want to talk to you!
About the Role
We’re looking for a technical operator to carry out the testing, public road deployment, and logging of new advanced technologies, working in various offices around the Bay Area. In this role, you’ll report into the Team Lead and be a core member of our Remote Operations Team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Conduct remote operation and assessment of autonomous robots on real-world durability test routes or tracks, while carrying out specialized testing procedures.
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders, such as hardware, product, software, and business operations teams, to enhance the product.
- Perform tests, record outcomes, assess issues comprehensively, classify their severity, replicate scenarios through controlled and field tests, and deliver feedback to the engineering team.
- Meticulous focus on process adherence, testing protocols, and checklists to guarantee elevated levels of safety, efficiency, and reliability for new products.
- Utilize internal tools to analyze logs, trace issues, document findings, and diligently track them until resolution is achieved.
- Conduct analysis and generate daily reports that comprehensively outline observations and identified issues.
We’re excited about you because…
- 2 years of experience or strong interest in live Autonomy Operations for public road deployment
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and operating micro-mobility
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both written and orally
- Familiarity with issue reporting/ticketing tools to collect feedback, schedule fixes, and track progress
- Experience with debugging and triaging complex systems such as autonomous robots
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?