Merchant Services Supervisor
About the Team
Merchant Services (MxS) is the home of onboarding, activations, content updates, post-sale updates/enablement, point-of-sale (POS), and vendor network operations for all Merchants on the DoorDash platform. Our department's goal is to create a seamless back-end process that keeps our Merchants serving up orders without interruption. We have several departments, including Core Onboarding; New Verticals, New Geos, and Platform; Menu Quality, Vendor, and GTM; and OpEx.
About the Role
As a Merchant Services Supervisor, you will motivate and challenge your team members to be 1% better every day. You will work with our cross functional partners and team by identifying ways to improve the onboarding process, handle high-volume catalog builds and updates, and perform root cause analysis of issues that affect the onboarding, catalog creation and activation experience for our Merchants (both restaurants and non-restaurants). You will be a thoughtful partner to the current Merchant Services Managers, while championing the vision of the NV team at DoorDash across the entire platform. You will report into the Merchant Services Manager for one of the following departments: Core Onboarding; New Verticals, New Geos, and Platform; Menu Quality, Vendor, and GTM; or OpEx.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own your team’s performance; hold weekly 1:1s to review performance, and provide coaching
- Get in the weeds to root cause issues, and prevent them from happening again.
- Build a bench of operators that bring creative solutions to a high-volume workspace.
- Build easy-to-understand, relevant, insightful content - you will add value by helping our teams to find the right answer in the right place at the right time.
- Work cross functionally to ensure the right solutions are being delivered.
- Lead weekly team meetings; prepare slides and present during weekly business reviews.
- Resolve high-visibility escalations by understanding case details and troubleshooting a store, jumping on a call with merchants/brands/providers, while keeping the merchant experience in the forefront
We're excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of people management or supervisor experience
- You have 5+ years of experience working in operations, customer service, or other relevant fields
- You have experience using Google Suite or related software (including data creation / management in Google Sheets)
- You have experience using SQL or similar query language to search in internal databases
- You have supported a team with setting and achieving targets
- You have supported a direct report with career growth and performance
- You have previous experience and a proficient understanding of Salesforce and Google Sheets
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Something looks off?