Senior Associate, Partnerships
About the Team
Partnership Senior Associates are responsible for a book of business of small to medium merchant New Zealand based partners on the DoorDash platform, focusing on revenue generating tasks. Partnerships Senior Associates will focus on the breakthrough change that can be created for merchants, and the value that can be procreated. They help merchant partners accelerate to new levels by uncovering areas of opportunity and focusing on unlocking growth.
About the Role
Partnership Senior Associates are responsible for building our local NZ strategic advantage: supporting and growing the merchants in their Book of Business. The Senior Associate will drive incremental revenue, and be the all-in-one solutions provider to our restaurant merchant partners. As a Partnerships Senior Associate you will own the overall relationship with restaurant owners on an ongoing basis, focusing on the growth of their books of business.
Typical responsibilities include holding periodic business reviews, identifying & implementing operational improvements, renegotiating contract terms, expanding share of wallet, upselling/cross selling products,, troubleshooting product-related bugs, recommending marketing strategies, and ensuring high levels of satisfaction, retention and growth on the account as a whole.
Partnership Senior Associates have a broad scope, and jump in to help business owners wherever and however they can.
As a member of the SMB Partnerships team, you will play an integral role in helping DoorDash to support, retain & grow our most valued local hero partners.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop & own important reporting needs with our clients to provide insights
- Oversee partner specific needs (e.g., POS (point of sale) integrations, customised reporting, menu optimisation, merchant marketing, operational improvements)
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash teams
- Build direct relationships with important partners throughout each brand, ensuring client needs are met at all levels
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals
- Strategize – Work with our Merchant Operations team to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning with the merchant”
- Business Develop – Generate new business and strategic investment opportunities by increasing merchant share of wallet and unlocking revenue for DoorDash
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments. Forecast and evaluate OKR achievement for your book of business.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on process improvements, revenue impacts, in-store marketing, to launching new products.
We’re excited about you because you are…
- Sales minded - Have experience upselling, cross-selling and have passion about unlocking revenue. You are a strong negotiator, having the ability to influence decision making process and settle on pro-created value.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions. You can navigate a geographically distributed team and remotely liaise with central functions. You obsess over our merchant and you’re laser focused on building deep and meaningful relationships with them
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You enjoy solving problems through collaboration with others.
- Technical - You have knowledge of Excel (Can maintain complex spreadsheets). You navigate sales tools with ease (Salesforce, Outreach, Google Apps)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Something looks off?