Lead Product Specialist, Workday
About the Team
Join us at DoorDash, where our people are our most valuable asset. As a member of our People Technology team, you'll play an instrumental role in building Workday. We're looking for a talented Lead Product Specialist, Workday to join our team and work closely with the product team to drive key business decisions. Your contributions will help shape the future of our organization as we continue to push the boundaries of what's possible.
About the Role
The DoorDash People Technology team is looking for a Lead Product Specialist with demonstrated experience and knowledge in Workday HCM, Core and Advanced Compensation modules and their touch points across Talent, Performance, and Reporting. This person will work cross-functionally to achieve business goals in supporting, implementing, configuring, and enabling Workday at DoorDash. This role will report to the Director of People Technology.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Play an integral role in the configuration, support, and success of Workday at DoorDash as we grow our existing businesses and enter new verticals, and additional countries
- Work fearlessly in uncovering underlying issues or business problems and turn those issues into solutions within Workday
- Identify, prioritize, and implement best practices from a solutions perspective for Workday based on gathered requirements
- Support system troubleshooting, configuration, testing, and deployment of assigned applications to meet requirements, timelines, and execution standards
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ascertain and maintain the best possible configuration solution
- Provide production support to ensure superior operational response
- Rigorously document system requirements and configuration to build operational excellence
- Ensure data integrity by understanding and identifying opportunities to improve, working closely with cross-functional teams
- Train end-users and peers on new processes and functionality as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of work experience in HRIS implementation/configuration, both domestic and international.
- You are passionate about system optimization, employee experience and using Workday modules including but not limited to HCM, Advanced Compensation, Talent, Performance, and Reporting
- You are a strong business thinker, able to use ‘first principles’ to solve challenging business problems at their root level
- You are data-driven, able to analyze data with strong attention to detail and accuracy, and passionate about telling the story behind the data hence turning the data into configuration
- You are a self-motivated, rapid learner, excited about further developing your analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are results-oriented, always evaluating whether our team's activities are achieving the desired, measurable impact
- You are an owner, always looking for opportunities to learn and better your work product
- You are comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced, continually changing team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- You have a BA/BS degree in quantitative or business fields, or equivalent work experience
- You have an analytical mindset and a “People First” mentality with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data and creating configuration solutions based on that data
- You have strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?