Staff Product Designer, Advertiser Platform
About the Team
The Ads & Promotions team's mission is to make DoorDash the best place for businesses to market their brand to local customers. As one of the newest and fastest growing teams within DoorDash, we work within a complex ecosystem, balancing the needs of advertisers, merchants, and consumers. We’re realizing DoorDash’s mission of empowering local businesses everywhere by helping them reach their customers. In parallel, we help consumers to find more of what they love and make shopping more affordable for everyone.
Our Advertiser Platform consists of foundational capabilities, frameworks, and systems that power all ad experiences on DoorDash. We partner with other teams to turn these foundations into powerful tools for advertisers and merchants, and intuitive experiences for consumers. This team is for designers who think deeply about systems design and enjoy being pioneers in spaces where design does not traditionally operate.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to envision and build our Advertiser Platform from the ground up. You’ll design experiences that help advertisers and internal operators be successful, while creating the infrastructure that empowers other teams to build high quality ads products at scale. You’ll not only help us reach our goals, you’ll also contribute a user-centric mindset, establishing frameworks for all advertiser experiences across DoorDash. In close collaboration with designers and cross-functional teams throughout the company, you’ll build the foundations of our advertising platform that connects brands and local businesses to 20 million+ users on DoorDash.
You will report into the Design Manager, Ads and Promos on our Merchant Design team in our Design Organization. We expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Contribute directly to DoorDash's product strategy and define the future of our service.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity and then chart a path forward.
- Explore and refine your design solutions through wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design.
- Influence your team's approach to product development, shaping the team's culture and best practices.
- Collaborate with teams across our company to establish a shared understanding of the problem space, bring people together to solve complex challenges, and create space for others to contribute.
- Help merchants grow their businesses and improve the lives of millions of DoorDash customers every day.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a Staff Designer with 7+ years of experience.
- You excel at collaborating across lots of different functions beyond Product Design.
- You translate complex domains and problems into intuitive experiences for end-users.
- You guide teams through ambiguous challenges, taking ownership for every last detail, every step of the way.
- You understand users’ needs, motivations and behaviors, and translate them into impactful results.
- As a design leader, you mentor others and advocate for product quality and well crafted visual design.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?