Policy Mobilization Manager, Dasher Public Engagement
About The Team
DoorDash’s Public Policy & Social Impact Team advocates for legislation that supports the health of our business and empowers our community of Dashers, local business partners, and consumers. Through our advocacy on cutting-edge public policy issues and the programs that we develop, we are shaping the future of local economies. This unique team combines direct engagement with policymakers at all levels of government, advocacy campaigns, policy research and analysis, and programs to promote equity, safety, and sustainability.
About The Role
DoorDash is hiring an experienced and dynamic political and grassroots mobilization professional to join our Public Engagement team. Reporting to the Head of Mobilization, the Mobilization Manager - Dasher, will direct DoorDash’s grassroots engagement and mobilization efforts across our Dasher community in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand markets. The Dasher Mobilization Manager is skilled in political and community organizing and is passionate about giving community members a voice in their governments. Additionally, you’ll develop and manage disciplined grassroots and mobilization strategies and campaigns.
You’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the Legal, Marketing, Strategy & Operations, Communications, and Government Relations teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Engage and mobilize Dasher advocates on public policy issues across the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Build and manage a robust Dasher engagement program that provides campaign-specific training for volunteers and develops a ladder of engagement to attract and maintain a robust base of advocates .
- Prep and train Dasher advocates for media opportunities, legislative hearings and other campaign activations.
- Oversee a CRM system to track and document campaign metrics and engagement.
- Manage planning for DoorDash policy events including Lobby Days, in-district meetings and rallies.
We’re excited about you because…
- 5-7 years experience in grassroots mobilization or political organizing on a political campaign, at an agency, or in-house at a corporation.
- Experience recruiting and training remote canvassers and organizers.
- Familiarity with digital organizing strategies, tools and systems.
- Ability to build robust and sustained relationships with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong, persuasive communicator who is effective in both one-on-one and town hall style settings.
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments with the ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
- Experience building detailed project plans where cross-functional buy in is required
- Successful past experience organizing and working in the tech industry.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?