Manager, Global Equity Operations
About the Team
The Equity Team operates at the intersection of Accounting, HR, and Legal, which gives us a unique opportunity to create value across the organization. We are in an exciting period of growth, working to create the framework to operate equity programs at scale for one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
The Global Equity Team is looking for an experienced Manager to support strategic initiatives core to the equity function and critical to the infrastructure of our equity program. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for equity plan administration, data analytics and process management. As the Equity Operations Manager, it is your goal for equity transactions to appear seamless for our cross functional partners and employees. To achieve this you will take on complex challenges in a fast-paced environment where customer service is paramount. You will provide significant input and support for the delivery of ongoing equity programs.
You will also collaborate with colleagues from multiple departments across various locations and take a lead role in various equity award-related projects including, new plan design, award administration and education. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high demand environment. Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently are critical for this role.
You will report into the Senior Director of Global Equity Programs in our Accounting organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Support ongoing administration of global equity plans, including equity events like RSU releases, stock options exercises, 10b5-1 plans and pre-clearance management
- Keep up with equity ticketing escalations, optimizing for the best customer service
- Aid in changes to existing and implementation of future equity programs
- Help maintain data integrity in the equity platform and integrated systems
- Develop automated processes and tools to optimize plan administration
- Work with HR to ensure accurate employee personal and job related data is maintained
- Work with Payroll to ensure alignment on tax positions and data integrity
- Work with the Equity Communications and Education manager, and local tax consultants to deliver employee education on the RSU and Stock Option life cycle
- Communicate and partner with various internal groups (including domestic and international Finance, Legal, Payroll and Human Resources) to provide monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting
- Provide supporting records and documentation to internal and external auditors, as needed
- Ensure and maintain compliance with policies and internal SOX controls
- Analyze data sets to distill insights, convey findings and provide data-backed recommendations
- Support financial reporting requests resulting from changes in employee demographics and status
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a dedicated stock operations professional with 4+ years of experience in stock plan administration at a publicly traded company
- You have an understanding of global equity operations and taxation (e.g. global mobility, income sourcing)
- You have exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- You have a strong tendency towards cross-functional relationship building
- You can distill complex concepts into simple, easy to understand communications
- You’re comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- You have a customer-obsessed attitude for equity participant support
- You have the ability to work both independently and with a team/business partners
- You are capable of identifying and resolving issues
- You have very strong Excel skills
- You have or are working on your CEP designation
- Knowledge of Workday, ADP, and various stock plan services recordkeeping platforms is a plus
- You have a strong track record of achievement
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?