Manager, Strategy & Operations (Retail)
About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hyper-growth fulfillment platform (“white-label” delivery) serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States, Canada, Australia and Japan. The Drive Retail team is a line-of-business within drives and has the vision to be the #1 local delivery provider that gives our retail partners a competitive advantage by offering “white-label” deliveries at unparalleled quality and speed that their end customers love
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on builder to lead a key pillar of our Retail team. You will launch and scale one of our key bets on the next frontier of last-mile fulfillment. You are a first-principles thinker who is both a strategist and a builder. You’ll own and launch our new fulfillment model, sell your vision, and work across product, sales, operations, business development, finance and other teams to make your vision a reality.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own business outcomes — be directly responsible for developing, launching and leading our biggest bet in Retail new fulfillment models
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with Ops, Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Sales & Business Development to build, launch and scale our new fulfillment model
- Implement – 0-to-1 development of our new fulfillment model that has potential to 5x our total addressable market
We're excited about you because…
- You are energized by a difficult problem without a clear solution
- You imagine, develop, and execute on workstreams from start to completion with little oversight
- You engage other teams and resources to independently figure out answers to nebulous questions
- You oscillate easily from strategic considerations to tactical execution
- You display extreme ownership across every workstream while ruthlessly prioritizing what will actually move the needle
- You operate comfortably in ambiguous environments while maintaining a strong bias for action
- You collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- You represents the DoorDash brand with humility and a customer-first mindset
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus
- Investment banking (TMT), management consulting, operations, CPG industry experience a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?