About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a Senior Inventory Accountant to work with the current team to drive process improvement and development of inventory cost accounting for one of our newest and fastest growing business lines.
About the Role
We are hiring a Senior Inventory Accountant who will partner with the current team to help drive process improvement for our DashMart Inventory Management. You will work cross-functionally to achieve business goals by driving forward process improvements to ensure accurate inventory and COGS. You will report to the Cost Accounting Manager on our Accounting team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Participate in continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures related to inventory management and cost accounting.
- Be a key contact for accounting on global warehouse operations, including but not limited to development of policy and coordination of Physical inventory & Cycle counts.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, and related inventory reserves and COGS, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards.
- Key partner in managing COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics and variances.
- Assist in ensuring practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, external auditors, and SOX requirements.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years experience in inventory accounting and control in a corporate grocery/retail environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, GSuite preferred
- Strong spreadsheet skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Strong written and verbal proficiency in English.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Something looks off?