Regional General Manager, DashMart
About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, hands-on builder and leader to grow and manage DoorDash’s DashMart business in the Western US. This individual will be responsible for growing the DashMart business and building the West team. You will do this by directly managing a large employee base and in setting / executing against our go-to-market strategy. This role requires someone who is strategic, moves fast, detail oriented, and a proven team leader.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead. Recruit, lead & retain a world-class team of builders and owners. As a leader, you are a culture carrier. The tone starts with you.
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch quickly, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details - from what cities or regions to launch next, to how we can keep bananas and avocados ripe to ultimately minimize spoilage.
- Own. From first principles, you’ll build and iterate on the optimal strategy & vision for DashMart in the West. You will drive growth and directly manage the P&L.
- Collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- Manage. This role requires an experienced manager. You will be building and overseeing a large team, responsible for motivating and empowering them to scale the business.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, logistics, military or a related experience).
- You are a leader. You have 5+ years of people management experience leading people leaders (managing leaders with direct reports).
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You're accountable - You want to lead the outcome and positively shape our most important metrics. You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- You’re open to travel. This role will require 30%+ travel time.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?