Insurance Claims Supervisor
About the Team
The Risk & Insurance team at DoorDash is responsible for all things corporate insurance at the company. We are a rapidly growing and exciting function that helps DoorDash manage risk and safety with a close lens on the company's bottom line. The team is divided into three subgroups: Actuarial, Claims Operations, and Risk Management & Mitigation. We are looking for forward thinkers that are excited to help build out this newly-formed team and match our ambitious cross-functional partners at DoorDash.
About the Role
As a Claims Supervisor, you will oversee a group of Claims Specialists and handle a light load of assigned claims during periods of high volume. To be successful in this role, you should have a customer-first service style. A primary part of this role will be to mentor and develop specialized coaching plans for each specialist to ensure we provide streamlined yet tailored communications. Including, but not limited to, being available for claims consultation/discussions. You will work with various external insurance carrier partners and third-party claims administrators globally, so you should be adaptable and comfortable providing feedback, auditing, and implementing new processes. Being a newly formed department, you will be able to help formulate a comprehensive strategy around claims handling at DoorDash. 5+ years prior supervisory experience is required, ideally with a blended understanding of minor and high-severity injury and property damage exposures.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Hire, inspire, motivate, coach, counsel, and supervise staff.
- Passion for Risk Management, P&C Liability Injury Claims & Customer Success Management
- Assess and allocate work volumes daily.
- Work directly with our carriers, TPA’s, and brokers to provide performance feedback and track company set OKRs.
- Manage cross-functional partnerships with Global Support, Community Support, Merchant Support, and Internal Legal Teams.
- Create and develop new Help Center and FAQ articles as we launch new countries, coverage offerings, and processes.
- Participate in quarterly claims compliance audits and document process
- Research complex problem areas within the department or the systems used by the department, identify the root cause of these issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and issues as well as recommended courses of action; informs management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and coordinates with management projects for the office.
- Acts as the second level of appeal for claimant issues regarding claim-specific, procedural or special requests.
- Ensures claims files are coded correctly and claims examiners make adequate documentation
We’re excited about you because…
- 5+ years in a leadership position, specifically in Property & Casualty or Risk Management or a related role
- Prior experience working with or for a gig or sharing economy company
- Highly organized, analytical and comfortable in high volume claims environment
- Excellent listening, communication, verbal, and writing (documentation) skills
- Experience handling high-priority and severity escalations and working cross-functionally promptly to provide resolutions
- Positive outlook and optimism in the face of challenges and adverse situations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to balance attention with swift execution
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work on the day-to-day cases
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and uncertainty
- Enthusiasm for Insurance
- In-depth knowledge of Mac systems, Salesforce, Microsoft, and Google Suite products
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
We offer excellent compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Something looks off?