Engineering Manager, Personalization
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with ML background to lead the Personalization engineering team. This team is responsible for building ML ranking and recommendation systems to maximize the value for consumers, merchants and Doordash.
Our Personalization team is a part of our Core Consumer org which owns the top of the conversion funnel from the initial landing page all the way to checkout across iOS, Android, and Web platforms. Personalization is at the center of the Discovery team’s mission. As Doordash expands into new verticals like Grocery, the challenge of helping consumers easily find what they want grows exponentially, so the opportunity is massive!
About the Role
You will lead a team of world-class ML engineers redefining personalized discovery experience through cutting edge ranking and recommendation strategies.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead and grow a team of exceptional machine learning engineers delivering end-to-end ML solutions
- Work with Product, Design, and Business stakeholders directly across DoorDash to define the roadmap and vision for the team and deliver immense impact
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking and teamwork
- Build an outstanding team by coaching and empowering engineers through delegation, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to the highest engineering standards
- Scale the team by developing internal, and attracting top external talent
We’re excited about you because…
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- Broad knowledge of machine learning with strong ML modeling foundation
- Extensive experience in building user-facing product and working directly with product managers
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with teams spanning many disciplines
- Ability to guide and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
- Experience in leading successful application of machine learning to ranking and recommendation real-world problems is preferred
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.