Campus Launcher, DoorDash for College
About the Team
When you join our team, you join our dream: to grow and empower local economies. We’re focused on improvement—from moving faster to leveling up the quality of our product—and our work is never complete. As DoorDash grows both in scale and in scope of offering, we are excited and passionate about building a community alongside colleges. If you’re looking to define your career as part of something greater than yourself, come join us as we launch on college campuses across the U.S.!
About the Role
As a Campus Launcher, you’ll gain valuable experience needed for a career in marketing, advertising, sales, business, or event planning. You will serve as the face of DoorDash on your campus, working with our Strategy & Operations (S&O) team to grow our DoorDash and DashPass for Students user base as we launch at universities across the U.S. You’ll become an expert on how we tap into hyper-local communities and engage with students to increase our customer adoption and overall presence at your college campus. You’ll partner with local businesses, run field marketing (flyering, stunts, pop-ups, giveaways) and find local influencers - all to help us reach new customers across campus.
This role is best suited for candidates with strong client-service, sales skills, the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, and tons of strategic marketing ideas for how we can show up in the college space.
You must be a high energy, personable and motivated self-starter. We are looking for enthusiastic & outgoing students who are able to work 15 hours a week, and who can tackle hard problems with relentless persistence. Above all else, we are looking for team members who are driven and as excited as we are to provide an amazing new service to students.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Act as the face of DoorDash for campus events, organizations and businesses
- Gain valuable marketing, sales, and advertising experience working with the largest Food Tech service in the U.S.
- Run field marketing campaigns at least 15 hours a week (e.g. flyering, giveaways, promotions, partnerships) to grow the DoorDash brand
- Develop & execute creative marketing outreach (e.g. tabling, raffles, trivia nights, etc.)
- Work on a variety of internal projects with multiple DoorDash teams (e.g., operations, merchant selection, sales, etc.)
- Foster partnerships and collaborate with important on-campus organizations and local businesses
We’re excited about you because…
- You are innovative. Extremely creative and constantly looking to be 1% better every day.
- You are sales & marketing inclined. Motivated to grow your sales and marketing skills. You are passionate about a career in marketing, advertising, sales, business, event planning, or social media
- You're self-motivated, positive, and a team player. You work well with others, and you bring a great attitude to your work each and every day. You have high integrity and want to develop a career in account management and/or client service
- You have expert communication and interpersonal skills. You’re as comfortable talking to a marketing executive as you are to a frustrated customer. Making new connections with people is something you do well.
- You're resourceful. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done - whether that’s pitching an advertising campaign to a local business, or running to the store to get supplies
- You're organized and proficient in Microsoft/Google Docs. You are comfortable compiling your work in documents that can be shared with the broader team. You have excellent organizational skills, and an ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.