Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Curai Health is an AI-powered virtual clinic on a mission to improve access to care at scale. As the pioneer in deploying machine learning into clinical workflows, Curai Health enables its dedicated, specially trained clinicians to deliver primary care to more people at a fraction of the cost. Easy-to-use and convenient, Curai Health partners with insurers and health systems to keep patients engaged in their care over time, improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
Our company is remote-first. Our corporate office is located in San Francisco. We will consider any candidates that are US Physicians fully licensed to practice in the United States.
Clinical Operations at Curai
The clinical team at Curai uses Artificial intelligence-empowered electronic records to deliver urgent care and primary care to our patients. Currently, we are searching for family medicine or internal medicine (who can do pediatrics) physicians for weekend coverage. This position is part time working shifts on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Who You Are
• Have worked remotely before or have a strong feeling that you'd work well with a 100% remote team spread across multiple time zones
• Value a team-based collaborative approach as it relates to providing healthcare
• Passionate about providing empathetic personalized patient care at scale
• Have informed opinions that you hold lightly but are flexible to meet the needs of patients and the business
• Understand what a startup is, that flexibility is key and change is inevitable
What You'll Do
Working the weekend shift, a typical day in the life of a Curai Physician is spent doing things like:
• Providing telehealth care weekly on Saturday and/or Sunday. Willing to work 9-12 hour shifts during the hours of 5am-6pm PT.
• Seeing acute/urgent care patients in our live text-based chat clinic. This can also include straightforward chronic care cases requiring refills.
• Being responsible for accurately diagnosing patients using detailed patient history-taking and providing evidence-based treatment recommendations.
• Writing efficient encounter visit notes in a clear fashion that demonstrates strong medical decision-making skills, differential diagnoses, and a well-written and relevant care plan.
• Closing all notes optimally by the end of the encounter and/or at the latest by the end of the shift.
• Providing feedback to the AI/ML and product teams on features that improve provider efficiency and accuracy.
• Staying abreast of EHR feature updates by continuously training and remaining current on the platform.
• Working closely with nurse practitioners in collaborative agreements for states that require it.
What You'll Need
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below, are excited about the opportunity, and are willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you. You should have:
• Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine (who can practice pediatrics).
• Active licenses in all 50 states plus DC.
• You must also have a clear medical history (no board actions or complaints).
• 5+ years post-residency, clinical practice, ideally significant practice or engagement with primary care & pediatrics.
• Digital savviness, excellent typing skills, excellent grammatical construction, and excellent command of English.
• Prior telemedicine experience and/or start-up experience in healthcare is a plus.
• Proficiency in English. Spanish fluency is an added plus.
• Belief in AI/software as a tool to fundamentally leverage clinicians' time (10x clinicians reach)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure a meaningful and professional patient experience.
What We Offer
Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to embodying our values, collaborating closely, and driving performance
Convenience: Remote working from the comfort of your home
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, PTO, floating holidays, and paid parental leave
Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high tech companies, AI researchers, practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds.. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for teammates that are mission-driven, embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.