Senior Sales Executive, Payers
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Curai Health is an AI-powered virtual clinic on a mission to improve access to care at scale. As the pioneer in deploying machine learning into clinical workflows, Curai Health enables its dedicated, specially trained clinicians to deliver primary care to more people at a fraction of the cost. Easy-to-use and convenient, Curai Health partners with insurers and health systems to keep patients engaged in their care over time, improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
Our company is remote-first and we consider candidates across the United States. Our corporate office is located in San Francisco.
Growth at Curai
Curai is a health tech company that offers virtual urgent and primary care services powered by a world-class care team and cutting-edge AI. We have recently gone to market as an enablement solution for other healthcare service businesses. This role is part of the overall Growth team, comprising the Business & Market Development, Sales & Sales Operations, Implementations, Client Success and Marketing functions.
We are looking for a Senior Sales Executive focused on payers and third party administrators (TPAs) nationwide to join our Sales team. This leader will drive growth in this market segment as part of Curai’s commercialization efforts.
Health plans and third party administrators have unique needs, priorities, and partner models that distinguish them from traditional businesses and require different engagement strategies and sales motions. As Curai begins to grow rapidly, we seek a Senior Sales Executive to own, operate and define strategy for this market segment nationally as well as drive revenue. This sales leader will align closely with business development to drive strategic support, and sales operations to help drive top of funnel outcomes and accelerate selling in the field. The Payer Sales Executive will be responsible for being on top of the latest payer trends, especially primary care, product and artificial intelligence (AI) strategies. With success, we see potential to build and develop a team driving revenue and user adoption with payers.
Who You Are
None of these individually are hard requirements but they do describe the type of folks that we think would be most effective and happy at Curai.
• The ideal candidate will have relevant healthcare consultative sales experience with payers (not employers or brokers), and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets.
• You are passionate about transforming our healthcare system and believe that leveraging Artificial Intelligence in healthcare services can help with current big industry problems. You will be directly helping our customers to reinvent their own business models by harnessing the power of Curai Health.
• You have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex businesses, and meaningful ways to influence and engage with health plans and TPAs.
• You will drive process improvement, work in ambiguous environments, and earn trust across stakeholders and backgrounds.
• You are unafraid to play at the 30,000 foot level and the 1 foot level.
What You’ll Do
• Meet or exceed targets for adoption of Curai Health solutions with health plans and TPAs, and is responsible for setting a go-to-market strategy and executing daily to grow customers.
• Effectively communicate the benefits of Curai services, as well as broader AI technology adoption to payer C-Level executives, clinical leadership, product and digital teams, strategy, IT/operations.
• Build and maintain broad relationships, develop and manage opportunities, and facilitate extended resources to deliver for the customer. You’ll work collaboratively with all appropriate resources (BD, Marketing, Implementations, Product and external partners) to support customer interests, and will understand how to strongly advocate for the customer in harmony with business needs.
• Gather data and information from prospect customers to persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and senior leadership teams, including new products and feature enhancements or feature gaps with competitive products.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to leadership.
What You’ll Need
• 10+ years with MBO, discretionary bonus or quota-carrying sales experience at a digital health, health tech or healthcare services business
• Deep insights into the payer and TPA ecosystem, main stakeholders and trends
• High emotional intelligence and experience influencing purchase decisions in collaboration with others.
• Skills required to build relationships include creative systems thinking, visioning, and executing via collaboration with an extended team to address all customer's needs.
• A long-term mindset that understands the importance of investing in and adding value to payers early in their lifecycle to earn their trust and loyalty
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree.
• Position may require the ability to travel 25% to 40% of the time, as needed
What We Offer
• Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to living our values, collaborating and driving performance
• Pay: Competitive compensation and stock
• Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours and remote working options
• Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and and paid parental leave
• Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Salary is dependent on experience and will be outlined as follows:
• Base salary will be $150-200K. In addition, you will be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus or bonuses with an aggregate annual on-performance target of 40% of your base salary. Any bonuses will be subject to the applicable bonus plans and will be paid, less applicable tax and other withholdings, in accordance with the Company’s normal payroll practices for annual bonuses.
• Stock grants are also available, increasing the overall compensation package
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high tech companies, AI researchers, practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for teammates that are mission-driven, embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.