Head of Demand Generation
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About this role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced senior leader to oversee Demand Generation and Growth Marketing at Coda. Managing a team of 6 - 10 experts in demand generation, customer lifecycle / growth marketing, you will play a crucial role in driving revenue growth through strategic demand generation initiatives supporting our land, adopt and expand go to market model.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in B2B technology marketing, deep expertise in demand generation and growth marketing strategies, and a proven track record of driving successful campaigns.
In this role you will:
Manage a team of growth marketers to:
- Develop and execute the demand generation strategy aligned with Coda's business objectives, target market, and revenue goals
- Drive the development and implementation of effective lead generation campaigns, utilizing various channels such as digital advertising, content marketing, email marketing, SEO/SEM, social media, and events
- Develop and execute ABM strategies to target key accounts, collaborating closely with the sales team to drive revenue growth and enhance customer relationships
Scale the business with solid analysis and optimization:
- Utilize marketing analytics tools and techniques to track, measure, and analyze campaign performance and customer behavior, providing actionable insights to optimize demand generation initiatives
- Continuously analyze and optimize conversion rates at each stage of the customer journey, leveraging A/B testing and other optimization techniques to improve overall campaign effectiveness
Team Leadership and Management:
- Build, mentor, and lead a high-performing team, fostering a collaborative and results-driven culture, and providing guidance and support to ensure individual and team success
- Manage the marketing budget, allocating resources effectively and optimizing ROI across different marketing channels and initiatives
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Proven experience (8+ years) in demand generation or growth marketing leadership, within the B2B tech industry
- Deep understanding of B2B marketing strategies, demand generation tactics, and lead management processes
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in marketing analytics tools and platforms (e.g., marketing automation platforms, CRM systems, web analytics tools)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful demand generation strategies and campaigns
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to think critically, solve problems, and make data
How we care for our Codans!
We are committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. Check out our compensation philosophy. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role's scope and complexity, and the candidate's experience and expertise.
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.