Enterprise Account Executive (Expansion)
Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About this role
Our Enterprise sales team works with the largest, most complex deployments of Coda. Our goal is to ensure successful adoption of Coda across teams and functions through high-touch engagements. We aim to provide value to our customers so they grow their usage and budget with Coda.
We need strong sellers to help our customers find success with Coda, and expand their footprint with our platform.
In this role you will:
- Be a consultative seller of Coda. We're an early stage company, so this is not a "rinse and repeat" sales role. You will help define the tactics and narratives that are the most successful to grow customers
- Understand Coda (the product) deeply, so as to identify great use cases and build bespoke solutions to drive account adoption
- Contribute to and be responsible for revenue growth and achieving quarterly booking goals
- Research and understand your customers to gain insight into their business challenges and the Coda value proposition
- Build relationships with VP & C-Suite prospects in order to methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales funnel and pipeline
- Collaborate across all major internal functional areas (sales engineering, customer success, marketing, product, executive team) as well as with customers
- Research, identify, and generate new opportunities in existing accounts in order to build and manage a sales funnel and pipeline
- Build sales strategy and execution tactics for winning relevant use cases at your accounts; get buy-in from internal partners to help you execute your vision
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- 5-10+ years of direct selling experience and a minimum of 2 years experience as an Enterprise Account Executive, selling at the enterprise level and growing revenue within an existing book of business
- History of consistent quota achievement
- You have experience in SaaS sales - managing towards a quota, with high performance against targets
- Examples of landing and expanding revenue within an account
- Ability to get multi-threaded within companies to prove out the value in different Lines of Business
- Startup experience preferred but not required
How we care for our Codans!
We are committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. Check out our compensation philosophy. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role's scope and complexity, and the candidate's experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided: $180,000 - $230,000.
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.