Temporary, Remote Health Coach
Pivot Health Technologies, Inc. is hiring a Temporary, Remote Health Coach to join the coaching team from Dec. 1 through Feb. 29, 2024. We are a digital health company driving innovation to eliminate tobacco use, the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. Pivot Coaches sit at the intersection between technology, behavior change, and end users. You’ll be on the front lines with people who struggle with nicotine dependence, helping them reach their goals to reduce and/or quit smoking, vaping, or dipping.
Note: Coaches in this position are part-time, hourly employees. This position is not probationary and does not guarantee a full-time role in the future.
Pay Range: $28 to $35 per hour (based on location and experience)
Hours of commitment are blocks of ~5 hours Monday through Friday (up to 25 hours a week), between 8:00am and 6:00pm in coach’s local time in the continental U.S.
Applicants must have a home office or other dedicated space to support a working environment conducive to (a) delivering a high-quality coaching experience for end users and (b) participating in team and individual meetings.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support the progress and accountability of our clients, known as Pivoters, as they complete app activities, utilize our carbon monoxide breath sensor, and make sustainable changs.
- Provide tobacco dependence treatment and education through text-based chat, using coaching core competencies and Clinical Practice Guidelines for Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence.
- Participate in meetings with the coaching team and company.
- Engage in a process of continuous training, including Coaching Grand Rounds, to ensure delivery of the latest evidence-based practices, content knowledge, and skills.
What You Should Have
- Knowledge of models of motivation and behavior change, including:
- Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Transtheoretical Model, Social Cognitive Theory and Acceptance, and Commitment Therapy.
- Technical proficiency with digital tools for health coaching, including:
- Virtual Communication: Zoom, Dialpad (for SMS)
- Team Tools: Slack, Learning Management Systems (Confluence)
- Electronic health records or customer relationship management systems
- Task Management: Google Suite (Email, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides)
- Must have a smartphone (iPhone or Android)
- Strong organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management, attention to detail, and independent problem-solving
- Ability to work as a team member with excellent listening and communication skills
- Adaptability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment with shifting priorities
- Bachelor's degree or higher in public health, psychology, social work or other wellness or human service field OR
- Associate-level degree + clinical licensure (Respiratory Therapist, Nurse) with two years or more of direct coaching experience in tobacco cessation.
- Required: Certification as a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
- Strongly Preferred: Certification as a Tobacco Treatment Specialist
It is the policy of Pivot Health Technologies, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Pivot Health Technologies, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.