Senior Software Engineer
Cadre is a next-generation FinTech company making institutional-grade commercial real estate investing (a 16 trillion dollar asset class) accessible to individual investors. Our customers invest in the same assets as institutional investors such as the Harvard Endowment, major family offices, and Blackrock. We believe that high-quality commercial real estate can be a catalyst for wealth creation and economic empowerment, and access should not be limited to the few.
We have some of the most experienced real estate investors partnering with some of the brightest minds in data science and engineering to develop cutting-edge technology that helps us offer the best quality assets at lower fees and with greater transparency.
With over $130 million in investments from the likes of A16z, Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, General Catalyst, and Founders Fund, Cadre is positioned to reimagine alternative investing, and is only just getting started.
OUR TECH STACK
Cadre runs a robust stack (React, Django, PostgreSQL), continuously integrated and deployed on AWS. Our tech stack is always evolving and you will help set its technical direction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help mentor a small, growing team of Full Stack Engineers as we constantly enhance our technical stack and accelerate feature development
- Build high-availability and security into our core architecture to ensure we deliver a robust, fast end-end experience for our investors
- Rapidly scale Cadre’s marketplace, as we aggressively grow both our investor base and the number and types of assets we manage
- Design and implement our financial and transactional systems to power seamless funding and cash distribution events
- Build data-centric services to maximize market analysis efficiency, and deliver market insights
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 5+ years of experience working with server-side languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java) and web frameworks (e.g. Django, Rails)
- A passion for rigorous engineering, thorough testing practices, and a deep sense of ownership of your code
- Great written and verbal communication skills, comfortable discussing technical matters with peers
- Self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Cadre, we are on a mission to give more people the opportunity to improve their financial futures and our people are the driving force. We have one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry, including:
- Base, bonus, and equity packages for every position
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family with generously subsidized premiums
- A flexible time off policy
- Exclusive company rates at Equinox gyms
- 12 weeks of fully compensated new parent leave
- Generous home office stipend and wifi and cell-phone reimbursement
- 401k match
- Summer Fridays
- Company-wide gatherings and team events held in our beautiful NYC office on a quarterly basis
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We view diversity as a critical imperative and an asset, and want our team to be as diverse as the communities we work to serve. Our mission and culture are grounded in our commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Learn more about our commitment to DEI here: https://cadre.com/insights/cadre-commitment-to-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
While our backgrounds are varied, we are united in our curiosity, obsession with solving difficult problems, and dedication to our mission.
Cadre Core 5 Skills:
- Growth Mindset: You actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Bias to Action: You positively motivate others to achieve or exceed goals
- Grit: You start from a place of "how might we..." versus "we can't because..."
- Partnership: You meet people where they are and present complex issues in a simple language that everybody understands
- Problem Solving: You look beyond the obvious and don’t stop at the first answers
The Base Salary for this role ranges from $140,000-$170,000 plus bonus and equity. The final offer number for base salary will be determined based on location and experience, both in industry and alignment with the role.
This position is available to prospective employees based in: NY, IL, NJ, CT, MA, VA, NC, WA, CA, CO, FL, and TX.