Cadre is a next-generation technology-driven real estate investment platform for commercial real estate, democratizing access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments. We believe that commercial real estate is a cornerstone of wealth creation, and access should not be limited to the few. With over $130 million in investments from the likes of A16z, Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, General Catalyst, and Founders Fund, Cadre is positioned to reimagine real estate investing, and is only just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Senior Engineering Manager will support our Banking and Accounting function. This team is responsible for movement of money across all our investment offerings (Accounting) as well as movement of money in and out of the company (Banking). Ensuring the correctness of every transaction without manual intervention and doing so in a scalable manner is extremely critical for the success of the company. You will be responsible for building and growing a team of talented software engineers and for shaping the vision, technical strategy, and roadmap for this area in close collaboration with product and key business stakeholders.
OUR TECH STACK
Cadre runs a robust stack (Python, React, Django, PostgreSQL), continuously integrated and deployed on AWS. Our tech stack is always evolving and you will help set its technical direction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage and lead a small, growing team of Full Stack Engineers as we constantly enhance our technical stack and accelerate feature development
- Continue to build out the team, build upon the great culture, and supercharge the execution
- Build and execute on a technical north star for our banking and accounting systems
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Define vision and a clear long term roadmap
- Partner with the Head of Engineering in org-wide initiatives
- Build high-availability and security into our core architecture to ensure we deliver a robust, fast end-end experience for our investors
- Rapidly scale Cadre’s marketplace, as we aggressively grow both our investor base and the number and types of assets we manage
- Design and implement our financial and transactional systems to power seamless funding and cash distribution events
- Build data-centric services to maximize market analysis efficiency, and deliver market insights,
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 5+ years of engineering experience and 2+ years of people management experience
- A passion for fixing problems.
- A strong passion for engineering and the sense of ownership of your code and outcomes.
- Experience with test automation, continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with Agile software development method.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, comfortable discussing technical problems with peers.
- Self-starter, thriving in a startup environment.
- Inherent curiosity and enjoy learning complex business domains.
- A proven track record of inspiring teams to build systems that model complex business domains.
At Cadre, we are on a mission to give more people the opportunity to improve their financial futures and our people are the driving force. While our backgrounds are varied, we are united in our curiosity, obsession with solving difficult problems, and dedication to our mission. We have one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry; with generous partially paid medical, dental and vision insurance and flexible paid time off, paid parental leave for all employees and much more.
We view diversity as a critical imperative and asset, and want our team to be as diverse as the communities we work to serve. Our mission and culture are grounded in our commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Learn more about our commitment to DEI here: https://cadre.com/insights/cadre-commitment-to-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
The Base Salary for this role ranges from $220,000 - $240,000 plus bonus and equity. The final offer number for base salary will be determined based on location and experience, both in industry and alignment with the role.
Something looks off?