Staff Software Engineer
Cadre is a next-generation technology-driven investment platform for commercial real estate, democratizing access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments. We believe that commercial real estate is a cornerstone of wealth creation, and access should not be limited to the few. With over $130 million in investments from the likes of A16z, Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, General Catalyst, and Founders Fund, Cadre is positioned to reimagine real estate investing, and is only just getting started.
OUR TECH STACK
Cadre runs a robust stack (React, Django, PostgreSQL), continuously integrated and deployed on AWS. Our tech stack is always evolving and you will help set its technical direction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help mentor a small, growing team of Full Stack Engineers as we constantly enhance our technical stack and accelerate feature development
- Build high-availability and security into our core architecture to ensure we deliver a robust, fast end-end experience for our investors
- Rapidly scale Cadre’s marketplace, as we aggressively grow both our investor base and the number and types of assets we manage
- Design and implement our financial and transactional systems to power seamless funding and cash distribution events
- Build data-centric services to maximize market analysis efficiency, and deliver market insights
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 7+ years of experience working with server-side languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java) and frameworks (e.g. Django, Rails, NodeJS)
- Experience working in setting up, maintaining, or optimizing Cloud Infrastructure
- A passion for rigorous engineering, thorough testing practices, and a deep sense of ownership of your code
- Great written and verbal communication skills, comfortable discussing technical matters with peers
- Self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
At Cadre, we are on a mission to give more people the opportunity to improve their financial futures and our people are the driving force. While our backgrounds are varied, we are united in our curiosity, obsession with solving difficult problems, and dedication to our mission. We have one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry; with generous partially paid medical, dental and vision insurance and flexible paid time off, paid parental leave for all employees and much more.
We view diversity as a critical imperative and asset, and want our team to be as diverse as the communities we work to serve. Our mission and culture are grounded in our commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Learn more about our commitment to DEI here: https://cadre.com/insights/cadre-commitment-to-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
The Base Salary for this role ranges from $200,000 - $215,000 plus bonus and equity. The final offer number for base salary will be determined based on location and experience, both in industry and alignment with the role.
Something looks off?