Assistant Vice President, Underwriting
At-Bay is the world’s first InsurSec provider designed from the ground up to help businesses tackle cyber risk head on. By combining industry-leading insurance with world-class cybersecurity technology, At-Bay offers end-to-end prevention and protection for the digital age. With 98% of cyber insurance claims in the past five years coming from small and mid-size businesses with revenue under $2B, providing an integrated solution to help manage risk is more critical than ever.
At-Bay helps its 35,000+ customers close their security technology and skills gap — all through their cyber insurance policy — making them 5X less likely to be hit with a ransomware attack. As a full-stack insurance company, At-Bay offers multiple lines of specialty insurance, including Cyber, Tech E&O, and Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) policies.
At-Bay has established itself as the cyber underwriting leader in the SMB space. As we continue to move up market, you’ll underwrite high value and complex cyber risk coverage specifically targeting middle market risks. In this role you’ll focus on new business. You’ll build long-term relationships that continue to provide value and service by offering solutions to the most challenging problems. You can expect to work closely with underwriting leadership, business development and insurance product teams. Your feedback and business expertise will help establish a strong presence for the middle market.
- Build and manage At-bay’s core broker base and GWP in the middle market. You’ll ensure our brokers are getting world-class service at all times.
- Propose & negotiate price, coverage, and terms for insurance policies, and actively identify account rounding opportunities
- Solicit and analyze risk within At-bay’s guidelines and ensure proper documentation. service existing renewals and new business portfolio
- Collaborate with cyber analytics, product, marketing and other parts of At-bay to make sure brokers are getting the best At-bay has to offer
- Work with technology and data teams to create tools to enhance the underwriting process
- Regional travel to actively participate in company events, while also dedicating efforts to visit and foster relationships with brokers
Attributes and Qualifications
- About 10+ years proven experience as underwriter or account executive in cyber liability and TechE&O.You possess solid knowledge of specialty commercial underwriting, and insurance industry theories and practices
- Strong technology affinity, ability to work with advanced analytics software
- You’re an amazing team player; you make everyone else on the team better and you don’t let your ego get in the way
- You are a driven person who gets a deep satisfaction from getting things done, and is not afraid to cross the t’s and dot the i’s
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic tech environment
- You have a clear, concise communication style
- As a seasoned Underwriter, you will actively participate in mentoring fellow Underwriters, leveraging your extensive experience to foster their professional development and contribute to the overall success of the team