Underwriter / Senior Underwriter | Southeast
At-Bay is the world’s first InsurSec provider designed from the ground up to help businesses tackle cyber risk head on. By combining industry-leading insurance with world-class cybersecurity technology, At-Bay offers end-to-end prevention and protection for the digital age. With 98% of cyber insurance claims in the past five years coming from small and mid-size businesses with revenue under $2B, providing an integrated solution to help manage risk is more critical than ever.
At-Bay helps its 35,000+ customers close their security technology and skills gap — all through their cyber insurance policy — making them 5X less likely to be hit with a ransomware attack. As a full-stack insurance company, At-Bay offers multiple lines of specialty insurance, including Cyber, Tech E&O, and Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) policies.
- Manage and grow At-bay’s core broker base and GWP, making sure our brokers are getting world-class service at all times.
- Propose & negotiate price, coverage, and terms for insurance policies, and actively identify account rounding opportunities
- Solicit and analyze risk within At-bay’s guidelines and ensure proper documentation. service existing renewals and new business portfolio
- Collaborate with cyber analytics, product, marketing and other parts of At-bay to make sure brokers are getting the best At-bay has to offer
- Work with technology and data teams to create tools to enhance the underwriting process
Attributes and Qualifications
- Proven experience as underwriter or account executive in cyber liability, Tech, Media E&O, Miscellaneous E&O, other E&O lines or specialty commercial insurance
- You possess solid knowledge of specialty commercial underwriting, and insurance industry theories and practices
- Strong technology affinity, ability to work with advanced analytics software
- Technical background. Strong plus if you already know what DNS, IP addresses, ports, databases, WHOIS records, and other software/computer networking concepts are.
- You’re an amazing team player; you make everyone else on the team better and you don’t let your ego get in the way
- You are a driven person who gets a deep satisfaction from getting things done, and is not afraid to cross the t’s and dot the i’s
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic tech environment
- You have a clear, concise communication style
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, benefits and options package
- An amazing role and professional growth opportunity
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $85,000-$100,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.