Senior Statutory Accountant
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
- Prepare journal entries to support timely financial statement close and ensure all activity recorded in line with Statutory Accounting principles (SAP).
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory filings, including core financial statements, supporting schedules and footnote disclosures.
- Prepare all Statutory to GAAP adjustment entries in support of preparation of financial statements presented on both a statutory and GAAP basis.
- Prepare the reconciliation of all GAAP to Statutory accounting adjustments.
- Assess technical accounting issues related to Statutory accounting regulations for appropriate financial treatment.
- Support both GAAP and SAP financial statement audit activities.
- Key Finance liaison to support department of insurance inquiries and state exam requests for information.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in special projects, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
In this role we value
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting required.
- 5-10 years of progressive Insurance Accounting experience.
- Public accounting background with experience auditing insurance carriers desirable.
- GAAP and SAP (Statutory Accounting Principle) knowledge.
- Experience with reinsurance accounting desirable.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Netsuite preferred.
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite knowledge with excellent Excel and Sheets skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills possessing ability to simultaneously work on multiple work streams.
- Proactive and self-motivated to solve problems; comfortable with a high degree of responsibility in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Adaptable to a fast changing work environment while able to work well under stress and tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
Pay transparency paragraph: Our estimated base pay range for this role is $125,000-$135,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.
Something looks off?