Sr. Backend Engineer
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
Join a team of highly motivated developers to work together to fill At-Bay’s growing software and scaling needs
Work on a range of customer-facing and internal projects, including scaling up our web-based and infrastructural software and internal security and insurance tools
Directly work on matters that are critical to the company, building software that is used actively by our insurance team and our customers whilst solving challenging software problems
Writing well-tested, organized and robust code to support a rapidly growing organization
Proactively taking on software tasks to give efficient turnaround to the requirements of the rest of our international company
Work in a modern software environment with continuously deployed and integrated code in our cloud-based infrastructure
Taking responsibility of your code, quickly responding to bugs and making sure new and existing software runs smoothly
Communicating and working openly with other developers to solve problems and produce high-quality code
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a backend engineer in Python (preferred) , Java or Go
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience in coding to cloud production environments such as AWS
- Strong desire to bring products to life, supporting a demanding user base, constantly introducing innovative features whilst keeping things stable
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgresql
- Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English
- Knowledge in Cyber Security/ Networking- Advantage
- Experience with microservices architecture - Advantage
- Experience with Event based architecture and infrastructures such as: Kafka, Kinesis, SNS/SQS - Advantage
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes- Advantage
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
What you'll get
A competitive salary, and equity in a super fast growing company, taking over commercial insurance
A strong emphasis on work-life balance
Beautiful offices in the heart of Tel Aviv, near the train station and main bus stops
Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
You will never lack a challenge, we are a unique blend of a fast growing tech startup, an international firm, and an insurance company
Learn more at at-bay.com
Something looks off?