Founding Front End Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Astrus, we are using AI to automate microchip design, starting with the biggest bottleneck, analog layout. Our mission is to radically improve global computation and empower chip designers to create the world's most advanced microchips with AI. Astrus is backed by top-tier VC firms: Khosla Ventures, HOF Capital, and 1517 Fund.
Learn more about Astrus Public
About the Role
As the Founding Front End Engineer at Astrus, you will be the driving force behind our web application's front end. You will play a crucial role in one of the most ambitious tech startups and radically improve global computation. 🚀
Our Figma designs have already captivated circuit designers, and you can play a vital role in building on these foundations and bringing the mockups to life.
Explore the product you'll be working on: 💻 Figma Mockup
We are seeking a design generalist, that has a solid grasp of front-end technologies, and the ability to transform designs into modern, clean front-end code. You will begin your role as an individual contributor, and as you gain more experience and expertise in the role, you will have the opportunity to grow and lead the Front End engineering team, playing a critical role in shaping the future of Astrus.
What you will do
- Lead the development and implementation of the front-end, drawing inspiration from high-caliber design tools like Figma and Fusion 360.
- Be responsible for the visualization and rendering of complex interactive diagrams, such as circuit schematics and layouts, ensuring they are both functional and user-friendly.
- Apply modern front-end technologies and methodologies to set a new precedent for how circuit designers interact with their tools.
- Work with Product, Design, and the AI team to ensure consistency between the requirements gathered from the circuit designer and the requirements needed for the AI.
- Collaborate with Product Design to translate design vision and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Be a key player in driving the product roadmap, balancing user needs with technical feasibility and business objectives.
- Develop and maintain the front-end application using TypeScript and React, ensuring high performance and responsiveness.
- Strive to deeply understand our users by participating in user research including; customer interviews, usability testing, product analytics analysis, etc.
Who you are
- You are aligned with our core values and are excited about our mission. Astrus Core Values
- Demonstrated ability to lead a front-end project from inception to completion with a startup environment or with new product initiatives.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing responsive and seamless web applications.
- You have a strong understanding of user-centered design principles and are passionate about creative products that exceed customers expectations.
- You have strong foundations in React and Typescript.
- Bonus points for experience with REST and / or GraphQL, Distribution on CDN, Build Systems
Ready to radically improve global computation? 🚀📈🌎 🤖