Analyst II, Full Stack
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Credit team works cross-functionally with Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Capital Markets, and Commercial teams to responsibly manage the risk profile of the business. We’re looking for a thoughtful, driven individual who wants to learn, grow, and solve hard problems.
The team’s mandate is to enable sustainable growth while closely managing the profitability and resilience of our portfolio. As Affirm continues on an exciting growth trajectory, thinking through credit strategies for new initiatives and products, shaping ongoing testing and experimentation, and being ready for navigating through any exogenous changes will be important problems to tackle.
This role requires extensive use of data analytics to derive insights and develop credit strategies. It also requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. Working with the Machine Learning and Engineering team to develop new underwriting models, with the Product teams to develop new products and features, with the Merchant Pricing team to value different merchants, with the Finance team to help facilitate discussions with debt and equity investors are some parts of the role.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better data and technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What you'll do
- Leverage experimentation and advanced data analytics to derive insights. Dissect complex data and translate it into actionable strategies to help optimize credit underwriting
- Determine and optimize transactional level underwriting, ensuring they are set optimally to balance risk and growth, driving healthy engagement
- Play a pivotal role in generating insights into the portfolio economics, measuring risk adjusted returns consistently across different products
- Partner with Machine Learning and Engineering teams on building effective credit risk and portfolio optimization capabilities
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to best capture portfolio economics and user lifetime valuation
What we look for
- 2-4 years of work experience as a data analyst/data scientist (consumer credit risk management strongly preferred but not required)
- Curious and passionate to learn new things and think outside the box
- Extensive experience with SQL and Python, or other scripting languages. Experience with Spark is a plus
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
Pay Grade - CAN29
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN29 base pay range per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.