Senior Counsel, Product
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for an energetic and hardworking lawyer to join our Product Counsel Legal team. This individual will support the entire consumer credit life cycle, including the development of new products, underwriting, servicing, and collections. The best candidate will be flexible enough to engage in a wide range of projects and matters in support of Affirm’s multiple strategic objectives.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What You’ll Do
- Counsel Affirm business teams on product-development legal issues, from inception to product build and maintenance
- Provide strategic advice regarding state and federal lending, consumer finance and protection laws
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments in consumer lending and servicing
- Be a trusted advisor and teammate, sharing legal and other expertise and support when needed
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks with an eye towards creative problem-solving
- Draft terms and conditions, disclosures, review copy
What We Look For
- Ideal candidate will have 6+ years of related business or fintech experience, preferably with a focus on BNPL or Consumer Payments
- JD from a highly-reputable, ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law and in good standing in at least one state bar/jurisdiction
- A combination of firm and in-house experience is preferred
- A strong work ethic and diligent attention to details
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey a positive, can-do attitude
- Outstanding organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize deadlines
Pay Grade - USA31
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA base pay range (all other U.S. states) per year:
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.