Staff Product Manager
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners and merchants need Affirm to be there for them wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company.
Our Consumer repayments and collections team is responsible for delivering a world-class repayments and collections experience that delights the customer. The repayments and collections team is focused on making the user experience as transparent, seamless and efficient as possible. The team is also focused on providing best-in-class programs to help customers (who have financial hardships, in particular) recover. As our Staff Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team to identify levers and build repayments and collections platform capabilities and collaborate with cross-functional teams to utilize any and all levers available at your disposal to improve the consumer repayments experience. You will also be responsible for making repayments and collections a scalable platform for future product and geographic expansion.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing a product vision and strategy, building a team, and delivering delightful experiences to our consumers globally.
What You'll Do
- Understand Affirm users at a deep level -- what’s important to them, what are their constraints and challenges, their expectations with respect to repayments and collections, why they love Affirm, and what they wish we could do better
- Build self-service user experiences that significantly improve the repayments and collections experience
- Improve the contact channel journeys in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Drive customer comms strategy to proactively reach out to customers and improve their experience
- Be an expert on industry trends of consumer and utilize the knowledge to shape the roadmap
- Understand the levers to optimize the repayments and collections experience and utilize the available levers to delight the customers and increase their engagement
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate customer problems and drive alignment with cross-functional teams and leadership
- An analytical metrics-based approach to identifying, sizing and solving problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- An experimentation mindset to come up with hypotheses, test them quickly and ship the features globally
- Excellent at identifying and prioritizing high impact initiatives
- A scrappy, get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- Prior experience working with ML models is preferred
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Excellent at establishing cross-functional relationships, tapping into those relationships and drive consensus to make progress
- Very good at influencing leadership and cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Pay Grade - ESP31
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
ESP base pay range per year:
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.