Financial Partnerships Lead
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products to improve lives. We do this by (i) using modern technology to re-imagine and re-build core components of financial infrastructure from the ground up and (ii) forming strong partnerships with technology and service providers, payment networks, and data partners. The Finance Partnerships Lead is responsible for assisting these partnerships, nurturing our existing relationships and helping to structure new partnerships to help us build our products and achieve our mission. The ideal candidate will have some exposure to complex partnership negotiations and will work cross-functionally to identify, structure and execute strategic deals. We value experience, intelligence, creativity and strategic thinking in addition to all of the traits necessary to represent Affirm in the payments and FinTech ecosystem.
What You'll Do
- Assist on all deals and partnerships necessary to build and operate our business in your assigned business area.
- Own end-to-end negotiation process, which includes managing and including all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with internal business leaders to understand our challenges and help the business innovate, which includes finding new external partners.
- Develop business cases for transactions to explain the logic of the deal, ensure value is being created for Affirm, and manage internal demand where appropriate.
- Partner closely with Strategic Finance and Accounting to forecast operating expenses, ensure accurate categorization of expenses, validate invoices vs. forecast, and continuously improve departmental spend.
- Facilitate the procurement process and ensure compliance with our procurement policies
- Work with Affirm’s Legal, Information Security, and Enterprise Risk Management teams on contract management and risk mitigation.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience in partnerships, procurement, finance, venture capital, consulting, product management, investment banking, or business operations.
- Experience with multi-faceted business models, complex partnerships and contracts.
- Organizational, cross-functional communication and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to read a situation, listen, frame a conversation and pitch when necessary.
Pay Grade - CAN28
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.