Program Manager (Travel & Expenses)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
It’s undeniable that the COVID-19 pandemic demanded that we rethink how and where we work, and fast! We worked hard at trying to understand what implications this had for us as a company. Affirm quickly transitioned to work from home in March 2020 as a response to the early stages of the pandemic and in an effort to keep our employees and communities safe.
We recognized that healthy and supported employees are foundational to building high performing and inclusive teams, and we made sure to craft the new ways in which we work with this goal in mind. In November of 2020, we excitedly shared that Affirm was to operate as a remote-first company, supporting remote work throughout the United States and Canada for the majority of our teams.
Once the pandemic restrictions eased, we were excited to invite remote-based Affirmers back into our amazing workspaces, giving those the space who may crave it. In order to maximize productivity and efficiency of teamwork and facilitate better collaboration projects, Affirm supports bringing team leadership and/or teams together for in-person meetings.
Travel Program Management
Travel & Expense is a growing sub-team within the Accounting Operations Team. The Accounting Operations team is responsible for Travel & Expense, Accounts Payable, Procurement and Accounts Receivable.
The Global Travel Accounting Lead will be a key player in shaping the support engagement and productivity of our remote-first environment in all aspects of Corporate Travel and Expense strategy and management. As we continue to grow as a remote-first company, we have lots to learn and lots to build, and we hope you’ll join us as we build a first class travel program management for a remote-first company focused on maximizing productivity and efficiency of teamwork and facilitating better collaboration to achieve company goals.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for driving efficiency and controls in our travel booking, expense reimbursement and corporate credit card programs
- You will be the representation of the T&E programs as you help Affirmers learn and adapt to changes and provide new solutions for business needs
- You will partner with our Strategic Finance, Accounting, Financial Partnerships, People Team and planning teams for a T&E program that is cost efficient, and meets and exceed industry standards
- You will own and periodically iterate on Affirm’s T&E policies
- In partnership with Financial Partnerships team, you will lead the roll out of new T&E programs, policies, tools and procedures - shaping a cost-effective way of sourcing vendors and purchasing of goods and services for all T&E programs cost efficient
- Own the reporting of the effectiveness of the travel booking, expense reimbursement and corporate credit card programs
- Design and implement a new solution to support program growth while maintaining tight spend controls
- Partner with the Financial System and Strategic Finance teams to enable data reporting capabilities for department heads and Strategic Finance to monitor actual spend against budgeted amounts.
- Periodically update T&E policy based on stakeholder feedback, industry standards and financial management
- Provide project management support for ad hoc projects or system implementations requiring coordination across multiple sub teams within the accounting organization.
What We Look For
- You have 3 to 5 years of related Travel Program experience, preferably working within a rapidly growing company
- You have experience working with a T&E platform and/or evaluating different T&E platforms against the needs of the business
- You have project management experience including Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- You have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate both written and verbally with exceptional interpersonal skills
- You interact with team planners across the organization eﬀectively
- You are able to work independently and have excellent time management and organizational skills with aptitude for prioritizing and multi- tasking
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills
- You are curious and love to find new ways of improving processes
- You are passionate about Affirm and its mission
Pay Grade - USA27
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA On Target Earnings (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA On Target Earnings (all other U.S. states) per year:
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.